Sunday, May 15, 2016

Green Screen for Reporting



Presidential Reports were due on 
Friday....YIKES! 
Friday the 13th!

So to make it more interesting and add a bit of tech...
We incorporated DoInks Green Screen App
into our reports....
It was scary to get in front of your peers to talk 
so we pinned up the green screen I ordered from Amazon...
totally worth having the extra material to cover a LOT of area...
to hold our iPad with a microphone attachment to help pick up our voices.
We used the DoInk Green Screen app
It's sooo easy and totally worth the cup of coffee to have on one of our iPads!
Students were able to import the background of their choice and SEE what their video would look like...make note...it was a ONE TAKE event...if I would have let them redo...
we'd still be filming the reports right now :)
To keep the audience engaged...they were tasked with coming up with a 2-3 sentence comment to write in their Seesaw journal about the presenter's speech...
We made a "quick" suggested comment list and chose some of the comments we thought might work for the presidential report...always being mindful to 
THINK before posting! 
It went off well! 
The audience was engaged, the presenter was a LITTLE less intimidated and the end product was awesome! I'll be adding their speeches into the Seesaw journals so they can share with their family and friends this weekend!


If you're not using Seesaw with your students, I ENCOURAGE you to try it out at the end of the year so you can see how it works. I have LOVED the engagement and ability to connect with families through this awesome FREE tool!
Here's a peek into the recording...

I hope the end of your school year is going fabulously well!
and that you'll consider trying something new
to see how you might be able to use it with your 
students next year!

Enjoy
Heidi











3 comments:

  1. Are you going to do a book study this summer? I bought Book Whisperer. Have you read it already? I've heard good things about it. You do such neat things in your class I wish I could teach side by side with you. Maybe we could do lunch together this summer and you could brainstorm with me for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dina! Thanks for the kind words! Would love to get together for lunch PD :) Tweet me @swampfrogfirst and we can see what works! Haven't decided about a book study just yet. There are several that I've got on my book shelf to read....Book Whisperer was fabulous! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Heidi! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete