Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tweeting Tuesdays with Green Screen


I'm getting fairly confident with using Twitter
 for learning new ideas and activities from my PLN.
I've participated in several great twitter chats...
#teacherfriends
#2ndchat
#edtech
to name a few... I really recommend using Tweet Deck when 
participating in a chat...makes things so much easier to see...
Now it's time to get my students 
into the world of tweeting to share what we're learning
with classes across the world.
We have a class twitter account
@swampfrogkids
and love seeing what others are doing each day...
we've even tried some of their projects and LIKED them alot!
I LOVE the way Mrs. Deltzer uses a tweeter each day to 
share what's happening in her Top Dog class.
But we're not quite at the daily tweeting level just yet...
Sooo...we came up with the idea of having a Tweeter every Tuesday...
We're calling it Tweeting Tuesday!
We plan to challenge other classes using the hashtag 
#Mathtask2ndgrade
I challenge my students to write a math task using 2-3 numbers.
They must use CUPS in their writing and are encouraged to have
a partner check for any corrections.
The Tweeter of the Day gets to choose the tasks 
to Tweet on Tuesday...
take a photo of the task...
post it to our twitter account...
 and watch for any classes 
that might respond to our tweets.
We're also trying to integrate our new techie toy...
by creating Green Screen Video Projects to go
with our Tweeting Tuesdays...
I thought I'd try to create a Tweeter Reveal Movie.
We're using the Do Ink App "Green Screen"

The kids liked my movie so much that they wanted to create a movie to
see if they can add to twitter as well.
It's been a LOT of fun to watch them as they work with this new app.
They get to video on the iPad and watch what they look like...
It's hilarious to hear them talk it out and work on the movements they want to do
in order for things to show up in the movie the right way...

We would LOVE to have your class participate with us!

Just follow us on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have this app...but could not figure it out! I would love to collaborate to learn how you did this! Did you use green paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to talk with you about how to create and film. I tried the school's bulletin board paper first...however, now I'm using a brighter color of green material from Hobby Lobby.
      The kids are doing a fantastic job!

      Delete
  2. What do you mean use "CUPS"?
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use the acronym CUPS as we write to help us remember to check our writing for Capital letters, Understanding or good sentence sense, Punctuated properly, and Spelling/Spacing appropriate for grade level. You can read more about it on this post.
      http://swampfrogfirstgraders.blogspot.com/2011/09/cups-for-better-sentence-structure.html
      Thanks for asking :)
      Not my design...a team teacher in First put it together for us :)

      Delete