Sunday, August 31, 2014

Using Pow + Tide with Deserts and Reading Street

I don't know about you....but this Pow + Tide has been an interesting weed in the swamp!

I learned more about SRSD during our state's summer training and have been trying to work with my froggies to accomplish this type of writing...

The 'concept' is great!  But the kiddos are struggling at this time...sooo...

Soooo....my team and I are trying to focus on using the Reading Street stories that have the skills for main idea and details to help build up the concepts before attempting to write using the Pow + Tide...

Our story on "A Walk in the Desert" is a great one with lots of main idea resources for this use...

I've created some sheets that I 'think' might help during this short week and am excited to see how the kids will respond. :)

Might even try to attempt trying to take some notes ..... but we'll see!

Here's a download of some of the things we'll be using this week...

Also created a quick sort for inflected endings to go along with the phonics aspects of our studies this week!  You can download it HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment