Wednesday, June 11, 2014

TTT Worksheet Wednesday Linky QR Style


I'm linking up with The Teaching Tribune to share in a math 
workstation that I hope will be a new favorite for my kiddos...

My plan is to gather Gatorade bottle lids...
(My son drinks a ton of the stuff and if I was really smart
I would take out stock NOW...but I'll be happy with just 
collecting the caps he's throwing away :)

Then use Avery's Round Labels...

and create a station or two or three for math rotations this year.

My thought is the kids would work the problem on the top of the bottle cap....

4 + _ = 10

to get the answer.  I might have them write their equations in their 
Station log or create a simple recording sheet...haven't decided on this yet...

To check their work...they scan the QR code on the underside of the lid..
and check to see if they are right or wrong...
I've tried to develop the QR codes so that they
DON'T have to be connected to the internet to scan the codes..

What do you think?  

Here's the download freebie...

First head to Avery's free template download site to download the template 
for the 8293 round labels 
(I've linked the site to the picture below.)
Next download the template from the site...
You'll also need to download and install the SF Cartoonist Font from
It's my favorite font so I use it ALOT!

Then click on the picture of the station you'd like to download from 
my googledoc account below...
Missing Addends are HERE

Subtraction is HERE

And with a little luck when you download my docs...
you'll be able to open them to see what they look like the right way on 
your computer.
I tried to save them as PDFs, however, the template did NOT like this.

I've also left them as docs so that you can change up the equations as you like...
as long as you remember the QR code next to the equation is the answer that's missing.

I LOVE using QR codes in the classroom.
BUT...you could as easily change the QR code to a digit and 
take away the technology aspect all together :)

Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Stay hydrated!
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great activity, but I am so behind with technology, I have never used QR codes. Hope you don't mins a dumb question. How are they going to get the answer if they don't use technology?
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly,
      Since the download is a document format, you'll be able to take out the QR code and type in a digit for the answer...so they could just flip the lid to see if their answer was correct or not. Hope that helps answer your question :)
      Thanks,
      Heidi

      Delete
  2. I love QR codes but have not learned how to make them yet. Do you have to have an Avery account to sign in to get it to download? Because it would not...also have a hard time with the docs, bc it only showed 2 problems on 1st page & 4 on next page, 2, then 4. Couldn't get them to line up. Is there something else I need to do? I love your work & all your QR codes, but I'm moving from 1st to 2nd grade next year. Thanks for sharing! Jackie jmcmanam@w-sioux.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete