Sunday, May 11, 2014

Loved That Lesson Linky


I'm linking up with Meg from "Fourth Grade Studio" to share a lesson 
that really worked well with my kiddos!

This is the first in a series of posts that I hope to link with... 
the second Sunday of each month!
Hope you enjoy!

I'm a big fan of The Teaching Channel...
I love watching ideas and activities that work for other teachers...
I'm a visual learner so the video format works well for me!

One of the MOST fun activities the kids and I have tried is called  
"The Trashcan Game"
Using dice the kids work in teams to create the 
largest number possible with regard to place value!

To learn more about how to play with your students, 
watch this short video from The Teaching Channel

I made a worksheet to go with the game, but we ended up just using our whiteboards
 and expo markers.  The kids worked in teams and were very good about communicating which numbers they wanted to place each number in which value....YEAH!  
Here's the worksheet that you're welcome to download...


Take a moment to hop over and see more from the linky!

Enjoy,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you each and every Second Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teaching channel and often forget about it. I incorporated using "My Favorite No" with my exit tickets the next day in math class. This would be a great game that I could do, expanding it to decimal place value. Thanks!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete