Saturday, December 21, 2013

Math Task Logic Puzzle: Christmas Theme


We worked on this Math Task the half day before Christmas Break and it was a HUGE success!
The kids were engaged and working hard to find all the solutions!
Such a great activity to help them realize that there CAN BE more than one way to solve a problem!
I projected this on the board...

Cut these out so they each had their own strip of characters to manipulate as they talked through the clues... I gave each person a strip and they cut each character out to manipulate :)

Then we started building the solutions...I stopped after 7 as we were running out of time.
I used the clipart and ppt to manipulate on the board so they could show me how they wanted the characters to be in line...so I guess you could say that they had a big hand in creating this download :)

They loved it so much, they wanted one to take home...so I told them I would email a new one to them for the Christmas break so they could see how many solutions they could come up with at home :)
So here's the slide that will be sent to them next week to see what they can do... 

I think I might start working on some puzzles for January and February as well...just have to come up with some different graphics and clues...

Time to head to 
Krista Wallden's TpTstore and see what she has in stock..
and definitely to 
MY Cute Graphics to see all the adorable free clipart she has online!

Hope you're enjoying your break...I know this one's a little too late for this year....but you can always hop over to my TpT store and save it for next year!

Let me know if you have any favorite graphics that would go great for January and February themes and I'll be sure to add them into the mix...just comment below :)

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I think I need them. Just started following you on TPT too!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete