Thursday, November 28, 2013

Swamp Frog Turns 3 Years old with Horrible Harry Free Unit

Don'tcha just love being horrible? ....well at least sometimes???

I LOVE Suzy Kline's Horrible Harry character!
Her stories about this lovable yet horribly naughty little guy are some of my favorite beginning chapter books to use with my second grade readers!

We started the year with

I tried using the kindle version for a read aloud and ended up getting the audio version as well so the kids could read and listen at the same time.  It was very successful for my beginning chapter book readers!  And they LOVED using the Kindle!

During Christmas Time I wanted to try to move into...
  Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise

Harry's soooo horrible, yet sooo wonderfully thoughtful at the same time!  Helps remind me that even my naughtiest of froggies can be thinking wonderful thoughts in a different way!

Today is the 
The Swamp Frogs 
Third Year Blogversary

Sooooo thought I'd celebrate by 
sharing a new twist on an Literature Unit I wrote a longggg time ago for 

I've updated the word work to be used in a reading journal that will engage my students as they cut and glue the words as they put them in ABC order.
I've also added some comprehension questions that will require text evidence to answer thoughtful questions about each chapter in 

Click a picture to download a copy of this updated literature unit for this adorable 
Chapter Book by Suzy Kline with one of the most lovable, horrible characters I know...

Just a small token of ...
Thanks for all the support during the last three years of blogging and sharing!  
I've met some AMAZING teachers in this virtual world of professional development!

Enjoy your upcoming holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment