linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Creating Online Tests using Google Drive Forms

I LOVE using Google Drive forms to create online tests to help my students practice for the upcoming PARCC testing.

I've been taking the story of the week and creating tests that go along with the vocabulary, high frequency words, and comprehension of the content.

Students use their texts to find evidence to help them in answering the questions from the test.
Some questions require them to type an answer, some question are multiple choice, and some are chosen from a pulldown list.  I always try to include a couple of questions where the students need to answer in a complete sentence or two.

My kiddo enjoy taking the tests and are actively engaged during the time they are working with the computers.  The cool thing about the tests is that they're internet based, so I can pull up the test on an iPad (using safari) and they can take the test using the iPad as well as a computer.

Here's an example of the test we took over the story of Anansi from our Scott Foresman Reading Basal this past week:


I've 'tried' to create a tutorial on youtube to help share with you the way I create the tests... you can view the tutorial here...pardon the fast talking or fluberoos...I was trying to get the video to be under 10 minutes to fit with the youtube specs...



And if you're not tooo confused so far....here's the second tutorial on how I upload the test to my website so that the kiddos have access to it on the day I want them to take the test.

...

I LOVE technology! 
 But it's always good to have a backup plan if the internet is down on
 the day you plan to give the test :)

Hope you find this useful!

How are you prepping your students for the testing online?

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :).

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this!! I am so excited to learn this and will definitely be doing this to help my 4th graders prepare for online testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool. I had no idea you could do that with google drive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover