linklinklinklink Instagram

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Squares: Game for Doubles Freebie

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I am LOVING the book from our book study....
"Mastering the Basic Math Facts in Addition and Subtraction" by Susan O'Connell...

We're up to Chapter Five in our study and Doubles are one of my favorite strategies to teach!  There are soooooo many resources out there for doubles...just go to youtube and search for doubles and see all the cool songs you get...Here a couple of my favorite ones:

from Harry's Kindergarten...
here's the 6-10 version...

my kiddos LOVE Heidis Songs and the booklet here...

And I still use my iPods for storing flashcards for doubles with the doubles rap...You can read more about it in a previous post {HERE}

But I'm really LOVING this new game that the book talks about called Squares...
I had to manipulate it a little to work with Second Graders and go from 1-12, but I think it came out ok...



Download your copy here and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. What a neat game!!!! I have downloaded to use in my math center! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the shout out! Thank you so much, Heidi!
    Heidi Butkus
    www.heidisongs.com

    Follow me on Pinterest!
    http://pinterest.com/heidisongs/boards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever game! I love it. Thanks for sharing the freebie! I'd love it if you'd share this at the After School Linky Party on my blog (every Monday): deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...