Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hopping Up to Second Grade

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!



Can you tell I'm a bit excited to be hopping up to Second Grade this year?

But my heart has always been K-2...so PLEASE be sure to keep hopping by to see what 
activities and things we'll be trying out in Second Grade that you can use with your
Firsties or Kinders :)

I've added a new blog button and some
different ways to follow along with my adventures in the world of teaching!

Have you checked out google+ yet?  Well....here's a neat little space!
Always wondered what that cute little button did :)

I'm still "tweeting" and "instagraming" and "facebooking"
but I've joined in with Feedly and Bloglovin'
for reader feeds if you used to use google reader ...
all the buttons to follow and stay connected are on the side bar...


Looking forward to some Great New Ideas!

Hop back this week to see what's going on in our study on
"Mastering the Basic Math Facts in Addition and Subtraction"

Good stuff coming up :)


 photo 18031943-56e6-43f4-8cce-3e4b7a46fea0_zpse8f16b2c.jpg

16 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm hopping up to second grade next year too! I'm sure we're both going to have so much fun! Good luck! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we'll enjoy learning about Second Graders and creating new things together! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for your move to 2nd grade!

    Jessica
    The Littlest Scholars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh! I'm coming back to 1st. It's taken four years to get back on the grade level and now one of the greats are leaving! I wish you the best in your journeys. I know you'll provide much engagement for the gifted students this coming year!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl....I hope to make some shares that are useful in both first and second...the two grades go together so well :) Enjoy First! It's a wonderful grade!

      Delete
  4. I'm also headed to second next year...at a different school. I'm very excited! Good luck to you!

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking forward to seeing all your great shares! Going to have to try your chocolate chip cookie recipe! Pudding...who'd have thought?

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I am looping with my firsties to second...I am very excited! I love your blog and can't wait to see what great ideas you have and hope to share some too!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on looping. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I hope we can all build up the second grade resources together :) Sounds like there's a lot of us moving to second :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah for second grade! I am moving down from third to second (the only elementary grade I have not taught). I am really excited about the move too! I can't wait to read about your year!

    Christine
    leapingingintoteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I think it's going to be a hoppin' good time...I like your book boxes by the way. I need to make more effort to have a specific day when the kids can go "shopping" for their book boxes...hmmm...might have to think more on that!

      Delete
    2. Just checking to see if this live link works for Leaping into teaching...
      Leaping into Teaching

      Delete