linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Counting Together" App Helps Kids Subitize

Have you come across this awesome new app to help students recognize number of objects 
without counting?
Counting Together is a free app for the iPad that helps students with subitizing numbers...
and it looks like it's going to be a great resource for my kiddos.  

Level one is great for those kiddos still trying working with counting and cardinality...
it will be a great game play to help them "see" the numbers quickly!

Here's a tutorial from the creator's website that gives a great introduction to the game.



I LOVE the idea of the kids working on the same iPad together to help each other 
"see" the numbers without counting!
I also love the different levels of difficulty (up to 20)
 and the ability to play in a competition ...
Head over to the app store and check out the free version of "Counting Together"




and if you like what you see with the free version...consider the Plus Version...
I know I am...:)


Can't wait to add this app to the math station rotations for the new year!

and don't forget to check out HeidiSongs
"How to Keep Kids on the App of Your Choice" post...

It's the best advice to date!



Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for new apps. These look great.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing that awesome app. I teach first grade and have 10 ipads so I'm always looking for wonderful apps to use. There are so many out there, but they are hard to find.
    Are you familiar with appsgonefree- it gives you a heads up on apps that are free for a limited time.

    Thanks again,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a GREAT app! Thanks so much for sharing- and for the shout out! I am in LOVE with the Guided Access feature, and am convinced that it has made a world of difference in my classroom, since I can now keep those kids working on the apps I want them to work on, rather than just playing on whatever it is they feel like doing. Mua ha ha!
    Heidi Butkus
    http://heidisongs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great app!! I will be student teaching and then graduate in May, my fiance and I will be moving to TN!!


    Jenna
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Ocean-and-Beach-Theme-Classroom-Decor-Beginning-of-the-Year-Set

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the 2nd post I have seen on subitizing today- so exciting! My kids would love to work on my iPad, so I'm definitely checking this out! You have a new follower. :) Do you do a lot with inquiry math? I'm gonna have to poke around on your blog and see!

    Rhiannon
    Sliding Into First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the app suggestion. I just downloaded it.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the app suggestion. I am your newest follower!
    Mary at Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...