Thursday, November 22, 2012

QR Search and Write



One of my favorite apps is the QR Reader (free on iTunes) ...

My kiddos are starting to learn how to scan codes and answer questions from the scan!

I thought it might be fun to have a QR Search and Write Station for literacy 
(and then I'll work on Math)
...later...
when I'm not so stuffed from turkey and cranberries!

I decided to use the HFW from our Unit 3 stories to create the QR codes that will have the students reading sentences and  choosing the best HFW to fill in the blank and make the sentence make sense.

Here's some ideas to use with the codes...


You could use your own paper or have the kids use the recording sheets ...


I tried to make the codes big enough to hang on the wall...


Download the codes for 




Enjoy your day!
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. I love QR codes, but haven't figured out how to make them yet for my firsties! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Do you have other ideas & ones you have made?
    Thanks again,
    Jackie jackie@acsnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the codes. I've done this only once where my firsties had to find their names and write the animal that was beside the code. Just never got around to making more codes. I love how you wrote sentences. thanks
    Claire
    www.firstgradesmarties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi,

    I am just starting using QR codes in my classroom and love how it is so engaging. I love how you used the QR codes. I thought you might be interested in my recent post.

    Learning With Mrs. Parker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover