Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back to School Blog Hunt Day 11


Welcome to the Swamp Frog First Graders Blog!
I'm excited to be joining in a Back to School Blog Hop today!

One of my favorite things to do during the first week of school is some good old fashion Nursery Rhymes!  Many of my firsties can relate and are able to "read" the words of the rhyme whole group.  Gives them a little bit of security in the familiarity and helps me to see who can pick up on the rhyming ...

I've done some research and found some books that have been structured off these oldies but goodies and they are some of the favorite books the kids will read throughout the year!

Humpty Dumpty is a great start to a technology project I use with the kids.
First we review the rhyme and talk about where Humpty sat...

Then I read Daniel Kirk's version of the book so we can see other places that Humpty might sit...



We create a chart of places in the room that Humpty might sit, places in the school that Humpty might sit, and place in their homes that Humpty might sit...

Then we start our writing project....Humpty Dumpty sat on a _________.
We talk about illustrations and backgrounds and making our pictures our personal best...
I have a visual rubric that I show the kids an okay picture, a good picture, and a great job picture... but that's a whole other post :)

Hop over to my previous post on Humpty Dumpty to see the movie I created with the kids using SonicPics on my iPad...



Join the blog hop and see what others are doing for the back to school get ready mode:


No comments:

Post a Comment