linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, July 22, 2012

San Diego Quick Assessment Revisited


Hello All!
Can't believe I only have 2 more Sundays until I start back to school...where did the summer go?
Thought I'd share a post I guest blogged for Jennifer over at...




If you haven't had a chance to check out her blog, hop on over.

Here's the post....

My name is Heidi and
I write the Swamp Frog First Graders Blog!
Getting things ready for back to school ...
That would be teachers going back July 30th
and kids starting August 6th....YIKES....where did summer go?

One of my favorite assessments to help me quickly place students
 into a "reading grouping" at the beginning of the year is the
 "San Diego Quick Assessment"...

If you do a Google or Bing search on "San Diego Quick Assessment", 
you'll have a multitude of sites and pdf formats to download and enjoy.  
I find it to be a quick and simple assessment I've used 
over the years to help me quickly place my kiddos into 
small groups before the first two weeks of school are over.  
As more testing data is aquired and observations are made, 
I can move the kids from group to group as needed....
however, I find this quick little assessment is usually
 pretty good about putting them into a good fit group right from the get go :)


I've created a power point to go with the PrePrimer 
through the Fourth grade lists of words so that 
I don't have to have any papers sitting on my desk.  
I downloaded the powerpoint onto my iPad so 
that the kids can swish through the words as they read them.  
I have a recording sheet I downloaded from the 
internet to keep track of their scores.  

You can download a copy of the Power Point 
or by clicking the link below...

Prefer to have just pictures cause 
your iPad won't play the powerpoints?
Download the Picture files here.
I've zipped the file to help with the download.

If you're just using the pictures, the kids can 
scroll through them similar to a 
powerpoint presentation on an iPad.
You can also use the pictures and t
he powerpoint on a computer or iPod.

Hope you hop by the Swamp and 
see what other things I'm cooking up to have a 
"Frog-a-licous" year!

Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Great idea of imbedding technology. I loved San Diego Quick...so, easy to use to start groups soooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thank you for posting it.

    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always used that assessment at the beginning of my year. It is my old faithful!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used this assessment, too. Thanks for sharing your files!! I like the powerpoint idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...