linklinklinklink Instagram

Friday, May 11, 2012

A Summer Bucket List....well...sort of....




There's a "party going on" and it's got a lot of great ideas 
for things to do over the summer!

8.5 more days for the kids...
10 more for us teachers....
The count down is ON!

Then it's off to help my husband achieve a dream of a life time....
He'll be running across America on trail this summer...

Yep...you heard right...RUNNING across AMERICA...

80 days with an average of 42 miles a day!

How do you do that?
.....very carefully and with a LOT of support!

A pre-thanks to all those who are helping to make this a dream a reality for him....

*****
to those who are house sitting...couldn't do it without knowing that things at home will be taken care of and someone will be in the house keeping things running smoothly while we're away...I promise to try to get the house neat before you move in...we'll have to see how much of my classroom I have to move home this year :)
******
to those who are taking care of the yard and the cars...blessings come to you from us and our neighbors...you'll probably be much better at it than we are!
*******
to those making sure the kiddo gets where all he needs to get to and then bringing him to meet us...YOU ROCK!  Thanks for making things possible for both of the Samuelson boys...
************
to those that are helping with the crewing duties...you are most appreciated for your time and effort to keep things going in the right direction, patching up blisters and boo-boos, making sure he has what he needs when he needs it, and driving the "Road Runner" where it needs to be with care!




So how does this all figure into MY summer bucket list? 

Well....sometimes you do things for the ones you love and you find there are things you love to do on the way...

I like to travel....
I love to take pictures...
and I LOVE to create things!  
So I think I'll spend some of my crew time using different  resources to take some photos of this amazing journey and put together a photo journal 
"Running Across America from the Crew's Point of View"



....sounds good anyway
....and gave me an excuse for buying the new camera :)

Plus I'll be spearheading the daily blog updates on 
the runners' progress....
yes...runnerS...
there are several other amazing people who will attempt to run this dream with my hubby!

Should have some time to come up with some more ideas for station games and activities for our next school year too....well...maybe!

Maybe some ideas will come together for informational text units and activities to teach about the obscure areas we'll be traveling or the different trails he'll be running....
like...
The Iron Horse Trail

The Cowboy Trail

The Wabash Cannonball Trail


Would be fun to see if I can create some non-fiction passages with constructive response questions to go along with some great learning of the trails of America....

hmmmm.....there's another idea for a photo journal...

"Great Trails of America"

...see... it IS a good thing I got that camera!

...our prayer team is a vital part of this dream, too....
We'd love to have you join in the fun...
Become a part of the RAAoT support team by
"Praying for the Runners Running Across America Team"
...for...
....safety.....health.....good attitudes....
....good weather....good trails and roads....
....sturdy shoes.....
....and of course stamina to keep on keeping on....
~from your mouth to God's ears~
"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Be sure to hop over to the linky party and check out all the wonderful ideas that people are putting on their summer bucket lists and link up yourselves!  

No blog...no worries...
leave a comment here about something you plan to do this summer ... if it's a pinterest idea
...leave a link and we'll be sure to check it out too!


Hang in there and "run with endurance" toward the end of the year! The beginning of summer and a time of renewal is just around the corner!

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up and joining the party!! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds awesome!!! Best of luck on that great journey! That would be so difficult to do!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an accomplishment! Good luck to all involved! Have fun and be careful! Thanks for linking up :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fun! Good luck to him and all of the runners! I hope that they meet their goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! THat's amazing. Your husband's my new hero :))

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! If there was a prize for a bucket list.... I think you would have already won! That is amazing what your husband is doing! Good luck to your family! Thanks for sharing!

    totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I will be praying for your husband, you and your family. That's an incredible thing to achieve!
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are going to have so much fun! And think about the stories you will have!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome. I hope all the runners stay safe, healthy and injury free. Enjoy the journey.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's amazing! You'll have so much fun! What a cool way to spend the summer. May hats off to your husband.
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! You are going to have an incredible summer! I can't wait to read about it! And the nonfiction passages would be totally brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like an amazing summer! I will send up prayers for safe travels (& running) for you both!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, that's fantastic!!! You will both have an amazing journey. What a great accomplishment!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have cold chills.... How exciting for you!! I noticed you will be going through my neck of the woods. I live in the tiny portion of WV between OH and PA. Can you let me know approx when you'll be through... Would LOVE to hang a sign and show my support!!
    Melissa
    www.mrsfreshwatersclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog! I can't believed I just discovered it. I'm your newest follower. I can't believe what your husband is doing~ such an awesome wife to be by his side.

    Brittany
    Sweet Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a dream. It is so great that you are sharing this with your hubby! I can't wait to hear updates!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...