Sunday, May 27, 2012

Alphabet Songs

Have you noticed how "techno sounding" the "new music" is becoming?  I swear all I hear from my son's iPod is techno spin off music with a tremendous beat....

Well, if it's the "new music", you know your students are more than likely listening to it at home and in the car too....so....why not make it educational?  
If you've never heard of havefunteaching.com 
or been to YouTube and viewed some of their videos...
You're MISSING OUT BIG TIME!
I LOVE their music and the videos are awesome and wonderful for the kids to view!  
My kiddos this year really got into "the beat" of their music!

So I'm thinking... for the beginning of the new year....
I'm going to try using the Alphabet Songs as we review each of the letters and sounds those first few weeks!  I think it's a new way and catchy way of getting them into the alphabet and I really like the way the songs use the words vowels and consonants... 
Here's a YouTube video of the Alphabet Song/ABC Song/Phonic Song available...


They also have a video for each of the letters that's great for reviewing the sounds and words that have the letter in them...Take a peek at the letter S....love the repetition and the way the song identifies the letter as a consonant...

The Alphabet Songs are available for you to purchase from many different providers including amazon's mp3 and iTunes.

The Alphabet Videos are on sale today for $20....and you get all of them.
Check it out HERE.


I may have to come up with some kind of a game or manipulative for the words for the letter songs so the kids can find the word that's on the screen and match it to the song as we watch...
Perfect activity to get them used to a "working snack" as we begin the new year!

Hmmm.....you'd think I'd be ready for summer break????
Maybe my brain will take a break someday :)

Enjoy,

7 comments:

  1. My kiddos LOVED these songs! The repetition is great and I think they learned more about letter sounds from the songs than anything else.

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. I love music in my classroom and teaching in all boy school, I know my boys will love this! Can't wait to use this next year! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the DVDs and we use them religiously! A great resource to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the DVDs and we use them religiously! A great resource to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the alphabet song! I use music a ton in my classroom so I might need to grab some of these things.

    Emily
    Tangled with Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for these awesome ideas! We love to sing and dance in our kindergarten classroom. It's the only time I sing or dance!

    I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my "manly" blog!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover