linklinklinklink Instagram

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Time for Scoot and some caterpillars!


It was time to assess for Time to the hour and half hour today...so I thought we'd do a scoot to help us have a little movement and fun during the process.

If you're not familiar with the game of Scoot, here's my best description....
Questions on cards are put on each child’s desk. 
Each student needs a copy of the record sheet to participate in the assessment.

Place a numbered task or question card on each student’s desk.  
Students move from desk to desk reading and recording the answer to the task question on their record sheet. 
If they are at number 1 desk, they answer in the number 1 box on the record sheet. 
When you say SCOOT, they move to the next desk. 
Practice moving from desk to desk so that students understand how and where to write their answers on the record sheet to correspond with the number of task card on the desk they are at each time.
Once students return to the desk they started the assessment is finished.

It was a very successful assessment and fun to boot!
I did add a desk that had enough smarties for each child to eat one while they were at that desk for their turn....Mary Lirette from Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives had a great suggestion at the TN Blogger Meet up in Lebanon, TN last weekend...she said when she does the scoot she always adds a brain station desk to give them a break and something to look forward to....It worked like a charm!  Thanks, Mary!

You can download the Task Cards HERE...


Don't forget to hop over to the post about the 
from Learning Resources...

We're observing caterpillars to see how long it takes them to change ....and we decided to try the Luna today to see how it would work...pretty cool!


Here's a picture we took using the Luna...

We're working on an observation journal for our caterpillars and thought we'd use a video journal too...

If you'd like a chance to win one of these neat technology tools for your class...
be sure to sign up...only make sure you comment to the right post...
I won't be counting any comments here for the giveaway!

Enjoy,

10 comments:

  1. This will be great review for my kiddos! We love playing Scoot!!

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids just love to play any form of Scoot! It took a long time to get the rotation down-pat & I learned the hard way not to play the game until the rotation was routine! Thanks a ton for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love Scoot! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scoot is such a fun game! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely use this with my kiddos!

    Also, I am your newest follower. I just came across your awesome blog! Feel free to stop by and check my blog out, Inside The Classroom and follow if you like what you see. :-)

    http://www.mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the scoot time activity. My kids seem to think we are playing a game when we do these.
    First Grade Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to play ... I mean, teach ... Scoot!!! Perfect for our Intervention time activity! Thanks for sharing (found you on Pinterest and am now a new follower).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of scoot before, and I'm so glad I found your blog to read about it! I'm your newest follower now! Come visit my blog when you get a chance, I have a mega giveaway going on, you should come by and check it out!
    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scoot seems like a lot of fun! Can't wait to try it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scoot seems like a lot of fun! Can't wait to try it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We LOVE Scoot! Thanks for the cute new freebie! :)

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...