linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett

Here's the latest movie for the holiday spirit!....it's my favorite gingerbread story of all...
"Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett.

If you haven't been to Jan's website, hop over now and watch as she shows the kids how she draws the gingerbread baby for her story.

I had the kids watch last year and then they created stories about how they would capture the gingerbread baby if it got out of their houses.  We took pictures of their gingerbread babies that they drew with the Jan Brett video and then read the stories to make a movie of our stories!  They loved it and I thought it came out great! I was sad when I had to take it off the website to add more space for other things :(  But I still have the movie they made in my iTunes account so the kids can enjoy watching and listening on our iPad.

If you can't get youtube at your school, you can zamzar the file at home and then watch it using quicktime at school.  Unfortunately, the file is too big to be able to put it on 4shared.com or send through an email.

You can click the movie below or go to this LINK to view the movie on YouTube.


As you might be able to tell...it took the reader a page or two to get into the whole project...but he does so well and is so good about helping me!  Had to include a pic or two or him just for fun!

Hope you enjoy,

Heidi

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video. My kinders love the gingerbread stories. This will be perfect for us to view at centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!

    Check out my new blog!

    wootforfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are reading it this week! Thanks! I will totally use it!
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! This is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you SO much for sharing this, as well as the zamzar tip...I'm waiting on my email now:) Cannot wait to use it this week as an intro to a gingerbread man cookie first bite graphing activity! AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Can hardly wait to show my class. Thanks so much.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...