linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Turkey Anyone?

Mamaw (my mom) put together this adorable turkey for my kids to create during those two days before the Thanksgiving Break!  The plan is to have a Skype session with Mamaw and the kids so she can show them how to put things together!  They hear a lot about her, but have never gotten to talk with her. I think it will be great....now to see if it will work!

If you'd like the patterns for the turkey...you can download them HERE.  or HERE.


I thought we'd also try the Draw and Tell story of the Turkey Lake.
You can view a librarian telling the story so that you can see how to tell the story and draw as you tell.
Sometimes I have the kids draw it too...other times, I just have them listen to the story and see if they can figure out what I'm drawing!


I used to have a story about the Wild Turkeys, but I like this one much better!

When we're done with the turkey craft....the plan is to have them write about their turkeys.  I think it would be cute to laminate the turkeys they create and add a magnet to the back so that they can put it on their fridge at home!

Have a great day!
Heidi

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Didn't mean to delete my comment. Love the turkey! There are so many turkeys out there to pick from! Have a super weekend.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great!! I definitely may need to use that on those 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the children drawing with you...I just told this to our kindergarten myself! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thank you for sharing and providing the pattern!!
    Lindsey
    whytewater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everyone is finding something to use :)
    My mom will be thrilled to know she got to share with lots of teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turkey lake is so cute! Teacher's can use draw and tell to review so many things! And students can evern make up their own: http://eslcarissa.blogspot.mx/2012/06/tell-and-draw-stories.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...