linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Days, Months, and Holidays

We worked on our target skill of:
"I can write days, months, and holidays using a capital letter at the beginning of each."

Some of my friends need to spend some more time learning to categorize words into days, months, and holidays this week.


Here's a simple word sort I plan to use during stations...to help them recognize and remember the difference between days, months, and holidays :)

First create the category headings for the pocket chart or file folder they'll be sorting the words into...
Download a copy here.

 Use these words on labels to create cards to sort.  I printed off the labels and added them to some cute colored cards I purchased from the local teacher store.  You could use index cards.
Download the label words here.



 After playing the sorting game for a couple of days, assess the kids using these assessment sheets.

Download a copy of the assessment sheets here.


Enjoy,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I was in need of something like this.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to use this with my special needs students as alternate assessment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! This is great for my class!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...