Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Breath Boxes from Teacher Tipster

I'm always looking for new and exciting ways to help my firsties get those high frequency words into their vocabulary with fluency and confidence!

A friend overseas shared a great idea she found on teachertipster.com using high frequency words.

Here's the video from teachertipster.com



Mr. Smith has a great website full of downloads and suggestions!  He's given the printable for the One Breath words on his site.  I took the words and manipulated them to be the HFW from our Reading Street K words as well as the HFW from the first grade Unit One, Two and some of Three.

You can download the Reading Street Words HERE

Have a great day!
Heidi

10 comments:

  1. What Fun! The kids will love this.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tammy
    primaryparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! Can't wait to teach this one and then send it home for them to practice. awesome! Tipster is my bff and I didn't know about this!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing, I love this idea. I am also glad to have been introduced to Teacher Tipster, very fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has such great ideas! Haven't been there in a while, so thanks for sharing. He always makes me laugh out loud!

    Nicole
    First Grade OWLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love him!!!! I use his stuff all the time. What a great idea to share this. I love his standing in line song!
    -Lauren
    www.weeklyhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher Tipster (aka Dustin Smith) is my son. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teacher Tipster (aka Dustin Smith) is my son. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him. I use his Inspector Fix It every day and my kids get so excited. I tried the one breath thing last week and they just wouldn't stop giggling. I don't know why they thought it was so funny. He reminds me of Jack Black.

    http://boofieteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover