linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Part of a Number to Make a Whole

I combined some of  Kathy Gursky's ideas from theschoolbell.com (in her Number Family Tubs Page) with some of the ideas in the eNvision's Math Topic 3 for first grade to create power points to help me introduce and work with the concept of part to whole when counting to add.


If you're an SCS teacher, I used the Power Standard for Operations and Algebraic Thinking:  Add and subtract within 25.  1.4 Relate counting to addition and subtraction (within 10 for first nine weeks).


If you're using Common Core, I think it would be:  1.OA.5 Relate counting to addition and subtraction.




You can view the power point online HERE.  However, you won't get all the actions and teacher notes.  This version will allow you to see what's going on in the power point.


You can download the powerpoint from the google docs HERE.
or
You can download the powerpoint from 4shared.com HERE.  When I opened this download it seemed to have all the actions included...the google doc version did not :(

However, none of the versions will not include the song that goes with the speaker icon.  
You'll need to add that on your own.  It's a great song from Shari Sloane to give the kids some time to get their materials out and ready to go before we start.  It's a song about skip counting.   
It's called:  "Like to Count It".  
You can go to Shari's site to see more about her album!  
It's a great set of songs that I love to use with the kids...

I added the beginning slide with Target Statements to help remind me and the kids what goal we're working towards. 


Fonts you will need to install before you can open the power points with the original fonts.

Bathingcap

Print Clearly

Vingy Normal


3 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! I received a Versitile Blogger Award and wanted to pass it on to you. Thanks for being so inspiring to me. Head over to my blog!

    Lori
    http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award too!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to pass it on to you as well! Thanks for sharing all your time and talents. I have posted a link to your blog from mine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...