Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Take a hop over to the blog hopping pad and check out all the great teachers that are blogging in the blog world!  It's "Teacher Week" on the blogs and today is "Meet the Teacher Monday"
Click Here to get to the Blog Hoppin Pad

Tell us something about you...
I'm a First Grade teacher, a wife to an ultra runner, and a mother to an awesome son!  We have a very spoiled pup that we love dearly and a cat that we tolerate :)  Hop on over to my class web page to see some of the things we love to do as a family.

How long have you been teaching?
I started my career in a small rural school in the town of Brunswick, MD in 1986 after graduating from The University of Akron in Ohio!  Wow....seems like just yesterday....it's a good thing my math skills stink....I'd probably choke if I knew how I've really been teaching!
I taught for 2 years in Brunswick, met my hubby at the Naval Academy and moved to San Diego,Ca where I was not allowed to teach in the public schools...(didn't have 5 years of college and didn't speak enough spanish)...but the private school life taught me a great deal and I loved the freedom it gave me to teach to a great group of families!  Started a Mommy and Me class in Rhode Island and then back in Chula Vista, CA before coming to Tennessee to sub for awhile....8 years later and I'm enjoying teaching in a public school again (guess my 4 year degree works well in the south) !

You might know.....
I'm addicted to the internet and all things techy...well MOST things techy!  I love reading on my iPad, but not as much as on my Kindle!  I enjoy creating and sharing games to help the kids learn in a fun way!

This year I'm looking forward to .....
Hopefully having a student teacher!  Using more WBT in the classroom....and seeing my froglets grow!

I need to improve.....
My ability to control my tongue and my actions!  I'm too quick to speak and act sometimes!  I need to learn to stop and think before I do...

Can't wait to share more this week!  Enjoy your day!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment