linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Can Target Statements

I've created some "I Can" learning target statements that I display near my board for the week.
We used to have the SPIs and GLEs displayed, however, after adopting the Common Core, we've switched to using the "I Can" learning statements.  I think this works so much better for the kids as it's actually words and sentences that they can understand.  Plus it really helps me when I'm telling them what we're going to be learning during the lesson!

You can download or watch from the internet here.

Or you can download the power point and change the words into statements that your kids will be able to follow!

The actual power point I created uses the Comic Sans font as well as "Peggy Font".  You can download the "Peggy Font" HERE.



Enjoy the day!


September 7, 2011....Here's the updated Power Point up to Reading unit 1-4 and Topic 2 in Math

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I just downloaded the powerpoint and will use it for all my "I can" targets that we have to use for each lesson under our new evaluation system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Heidi! These are great!

    Conchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Please follow my blog for more freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome--do you know where I can find them for 2nd grade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen them for second grade using the PowerStandards for my county, however, the teacher hero blog that I reference may have them for the common core.
    Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. I will check out the Teacher Hero Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. This is probably a dumb question, but how are you going to display these in the room? Are you printing out the slides?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have them for any of the other stories? We start A Fox and Kit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never mind I see the other ones for Unit 1. LOL Will you be posting any of the Unit 2 ones and any more of the Envisions Math?

    Thanks for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...I'll post as we update our files and get to each story.
    Thanks,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...