linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pancakes Anyone?


 

This is a Literacy Center I use at the beginning of the year.  We read one of the many books available for pancakes...
     

      

To create the station, I used a Dollar Tree plate, some fun foam, and an old pan I had....cut out circles from the fun foam, add letters with a missing blank....



then draw the answer circles on a plate.


The idea is the kids serve up a pancake to match the missing letter.  
I coded them on the back so they were self-checking.
It's a great activity to start the year with reviewing the alphabet :)

Enjoy,
                                      



9 comments:

  1. This is a very good idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancakes? Did I hear pancakes? They are my absolute favorite breakfast food. Every time we go to a restaurant for breakfast my family says, "Let me guess... you're getting pancakes." Oh wait... this wasn't about breakfast, huh? See how crazy I am about pancakes?

    You KNOW I am gonna LOVE your cute activity.

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin' cute! Maybe we could use those cool cutouts from Target (with the big cookie jar) and do cookies, too. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Shelly
    projectqn@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin' it...gonna use this for my preks matching colors, numbers, and ABCs. Yummy activity, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, I wish I had these supplies right now so I could make a few for my class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great ideas! I just started blogging professionally and am totally addicted because of sites like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I was recently given a bunch of felt and had been considering making some play food out of it for the kitchen center-looks like pancakes will be first on my list. The kids are going to have so much fun with this!
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this activity, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...