linklinklinklink Instagram

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HFW Pattern Blocks


Mrs. Thiessen at "The First Grade Sweet Life" posted about some cool reading stations for Vocabulary Words using pattern block bingo boards.  She got the boards from PreKinders.com in the pattern block section.  Unfortunately, prekinders does not allow me to share the boards I created using their graphics....but the good news is they're really easy to create...

First...download the pattern block graphic you want to use.  You can save it on your desktop or in your iPhotos.  Next, open a new power point file and select a blank slide template.  Now import your picture and pull and drag it to make it the same size as the slide.  Last, create text boxes and add the words you would like to the areas on the graphic.  Easy Peasy pattern block boards.
Watch this Jing Video to see how I put it together...



Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Still not the greatest at creating Jing videos, but hope this helps a little.  I did go back and add a text box at the bottom of the board that indicated that the graphic was from prekinders.com.

Enjoy,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. You always share the best ideas. Thank you. I'm going to get started on the pattern block sight word Bingo now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredibly helpful video! I'm pretty technologically illiterate, but I now I feel like I've got a new tool to use. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this idea and the video!! I might just learn how to use a computer yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...