linklinklinklink Instagram

Monday, June 13, 2011

Poison Dart Frog Game



Here's a game I adapted from listening to "The Two Sisters" about using games to practice strategic thinking in math.  

I found the cute little pink box and frog stickers at the Target Dollar Spot...added the title of the game to the front of the box with some frogs...of course.


added the simple directions to the inside of the box top.....


and stopped at the local Dollar Tree for a couple bags of plastic frogs...

Ready....set....go!  Even my 16 year old likes to play this one :)

Enjoy,
Heidi

Here's a download of the directions and some frog clipart you can use if you like :)


8 comments:

  1. I remember reading about Poison but never got around to adding it to my rotation. You are so clever to make a frog version! I bet the kids will love it!
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! We play this with connecting cubes - and I call it "The Train Game." What a fun way to change it up for my kids! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I think the kids will really like the frog manipulatives - especially the boys. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Magnificent Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea! I need to get to Target and a Dollar Tree soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I, too, had read about this one but hadn't gotten around to making it yet.

    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I am finally getting caught up with my blog stalking! Whew! Thanks for sharing!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love it. Target Dollar Spot is my favorite place to stop at!!

    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again you are generously sharing a cool activity that my first graders will love. When I taught older students we would play Nim and I think my students will enjoy this challenge. Using manipulatives (I will exchange them with insects for my insect unit) will be a super strategy center. Thank you kindly, your blog has helped make my first year in first grade a wonderful experience.
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...