linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Grade Yahtzee


We'll spend some time this week playing "First Grade Yahtzee" with dice in dice.


I adapted this idea from the wonderful Shari Sloane...if you've not been to her site, you need to go visit!  She has TONS of game ideas and downloads to use with both Math and Reading!  I love her games and find that they are very useful and fun to play!
  
Another game we'll use these last few days is "Unlucky Seven".  It helps the kids see a little more clearly about probability....you can download this board at Shari's site...www.kidscount1234.com....




Here's the download for "First Grade Yahtzee"  just roll the dice in dice cube and write down the number sentence you want to claim the number.  For instance, if you roll the die and get a 2 and a 5....you could claim the 7 by writing 5+2=7 or the 3 by writing 5-2=3.



Enjoy,
Heidi

9 comments:

  1. I love Shari's site!! My tutoring kids love the heart and star game she has posted on her site where you roll a dice and color in spaces. I have been meaning to adapt the kindergarten Yahtzee to First Grade Yahtzee! You saved me to the trouble! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Elisabeth
    www.missdelk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I forgot.. where did you find your dice in dice??? LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth...LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Shari Sloane!
    and believe it or not, I found the dice in dice at our local teacher store: "Knowledge Tree" and they were only $3.00!!! I about fell over! Bought two bags just in case they had marked them wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas. Thank you for sharing. Please add my e-mail address to get your blog. Thank you. Susan steveac@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. My students loved playing the Yahtzee game today. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these dice... thank you for sharing this idea!!
    Lory
    Lory's Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen,
    I love these dice and found them at the local teacher's store (Knowledge Tree)...they were about $3.00, but you can order them online too:)
    Just google "dice in die".
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...