linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Scrambled Words for HFW


Mrs. Morrow blogged about a cute star word center she created for her kindergartners.  I loved the idea of the eggs and unscrambling words since we have the story of "Mole and the Baby Bird" this week....so I bumped it up a notch to include sentence writing.

I'll put the scrabble letter tiles to spell each High Frequency Word from this week's story into a plastic egg.  Then kids can crack the egg, unscramble the letters and create a High Frequency word from their paper.  After they find the word on their paper, they can color the egg, rewrite the word, and then write a sentence using the word.  



Enjoy,
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I may just have to make an activity like thisi to go with our words of the week :-) Thanks!

    ~Laura
    www.firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a great review for next week. We just completed Mole and the Baby Bird.
    Ms. A
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a blank form so we could add our own words?? I totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it's useful!
    I added the ppt link so you can change up the words.
    https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARWkWA8-Ab3BZGdiNHhjN3BfMjFoaG52bXZkdw&hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! I love this! I've spent all of spring break making egg activities to go with all of my reading stories. This is wonderful...especially the ppt download! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...