Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flipping Frogs!

Dollar Tree finds for the day...

Take a baby blanket and add some fabric paint to make a target for the flipping frogs to land on...

and you've got a quick and fun math tub for next week!


I added numbers to the target and the kids will have                      
to flip their frogs onto the targets to see how many points they
can earn.  

I think I'll let them count the blank spaces as the number one.  They'll use their white boards and expo markers to create tally marks for how many points they are getting...



Not bad for $2.00 and a small amount of time with some left over fabric paints.
I also found this cute little "pencil" holder that I thought would be great to store the frogs inside while waiting to play the game.


A little paint makes a frog on the front of this even more cute!



Enjoy!
Heidi

10 comments:

  1. Very cute, as usual!

    http://firstgradebrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm hopin' my Dollar Tree has those adorable frogs tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! my kids will love it!
    Ana
    wwww.ingles36.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...thanks for the great idea! And it's cheap too....yay for the Dollar Tree! :)
    Erin
    http://eberhartsexplorers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know U'd be buying all the frog blankets! I shop in that section all of the time for my baby paint can fillers :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great idea! What would we all do without you? Adorable frog activity- have to try it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jennifer
    www.myfirstgradeadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I die for that little pencil holder!!!! I have the bigger version of it and now I want the little one!!! I hope my Dollar Tree has one!!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought those same frogs and I am using them for a math center this week. My kids make them jump and then they measure how far they went!

    Stephanie

    MrsKellysKindergarten
    stephaniekelly03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I have a ton of baby blankets I can use! Now I just need to sneak them out of my closet without my kids noticing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover