linklinklinklink Instagram

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Barrel of Monkeys


Score one for the Walmart Clearance aisle!  The Barrel of Monkeys game was on for $2.50!....and it's green!  So I decided to add some painted numbers to the monkeys....


Now the math tub idea is to pull out two or three monkeys and write addition and subtraction sentences with the monkey's numbers.... no worksheet at this time...they'll use the white boards and earn cubes or coins for their team by the number of sentences they record.  

Enjoy,
Heidi

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing! I always look forward to reading your blog!

    http://mrstfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all!
    We just started measurement...I really enjoyed reading your post about how to start off the unit Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious! If you happen to find a good recording sheet with it, will you please share?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! I love your creative ideas!! Always inspiring:)

    Anna
    Crazy for First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, thanks for sharing!
    ~Fern
    Fern-Smith.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea! You blog ladies are so smart!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I think I might tweak idea for preschoolers and have children pick up three and identify the numbers and put in order from largest to smallest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How high did you number the monkeys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could go as high as you like...I stopped at 9.

      Delete
  9. How high did you number the monkeys?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...