linklinklinklink Instagram

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time Telling Games and Activities


Dollar Tree has Travel Games that look like "Connect Four"...so since we're starting our math unit on Time when we return from Spring Break, I thought I'd create some cards to go along with the connect four idea...

Use the Time Cards download to print off the cards on Cardstock colors of your choice.  The idea is that the player picks a card and identifies the time on the analog clock to the digital read out...then flips it over to find the correct answer and directions for what to do next...




Use the answer stickers download to add the answers on the back of each card.  These answers will not only tell the player whether they are correct, but also if they can add one, two or no chips to the connect four board.







I also made some Freeze Time Boards last year as well as some Black Out boards last year.  Hope you can use some of them.

Download the Freeze Time Board One Here

Download the Freeze Time Board Two Here

Download the Black Out Boards Here.

Enjoy,

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Heidi! We are finishing up time next week, and I purchased the connect four games from Dollar Tree already.

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. We begin time in a few weeks. This is great!

    www.littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again you have saved me a lot of time. No pun intended. We will be starting our time unit soon and these will be most helpful! Thanks so very much for continuing to share your hard work!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, these are great. Is it possible to post the Connect Four time downloads to Google Docs. For some reason my mac will not allow me to download. I'm not sure why.
    Thanks.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Heidi! I went to Dollar Tree 2 hours ago, oh well, I'll go back tomorrow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and thanks! Some of my kids need to review and this will be perfect to put in a math station. I may have to head to Dollar Tree tomorrow- love that place!
    www.fisforfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate you sharing these resources for teaching time. I am teaching time currently in my classroom and have wanted to find some activities. Lucky for me your post appears on my RSS feed this morning. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just purchased over the weekend. I thought about using them for reading but I love the math idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like I will be heading over to the Dollar Store this weekend. I hope there will still be some! I have a question for you...what reading program are you using? I saw your HFW games and love the ideas. My school is using McMillan Treasures and the words look the same. Just curious. Thanks
    Allison
    www.room-mom101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use Reading Street from Scott Foresman.

    Here's hoping you can find the games at Dollar Tree :)

    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! What a clever idea. I can't wait to go shopping at the Dollar Tree now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this idea! The Dollar Tree is my weakness! lol I'll be headed there before the weekend is over! Thanks for sharing :-)

    www.thenewteachernoggin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You! You are so creative and have such good ideas. I am so glad someone who is generous has these great ideas for those teachers - like me!-who aren't. Your kiddos are lucky.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...