linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spinner to Read and Write


Here's a new version of the spin, read, and write word working center I'm going to try this week.  We tried the tops last week and they loved the tops and spinning them, however, they only spun on the words they put the tops on...so I wanted more word play.  
I'll print these on cardstock and laminate....I have a plastic see thru spinner that they can put on top of the words and spin away.

The plan is to use a recording sheet and record the words they spin.  The first word to win is the one they write on the back of the paper with two sentences.


Enjoy,
Heidi

11 comments:

  1. Such a great idea!
    Kelley-3rd
    http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/ OR
    www.mrsrandallsclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will go in Work on Words as a review this week. Thanks for sharing!
    Ms. A
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Heidi,
    You are always so generous with your creative ideas. My students benefit greatly.
    Terry
    CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome game! I can't wait to use it!!! Thanks for sharing:)

    Anna
    Crazy for First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Just wondering...where did you find a plastic see-through spinner? The only ones I can find are black.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. They came from my school math kit, however, I've seen them at our local school supply store.
    You can also find them online at eai resources:
    http://www.eaieducation.com/search.aspx?Keyword=spinners

    They're called overhead spinners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME!! Could you please send me a copy of the blank spinner so that I can import some of the words from the reading series I am using? My e-mail is ruskieroo@centurylink.net

    Thanks so much,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Used this in my class this week and my students loved it. My high group didn't need the practice with the sight words, but they wanted to play so I made them supply a rhyming word for the word they spun. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great idea! Think I'll be adding that next!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...