linklinklinklink Instagram

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spin the Spinner to Read and Write for Unit 5 Reading Street

   

This was a huge center success today!  So I went ahead and created some of the templates for the rest of the High Frequency Words for Unit Five in the Scott Foresman Reading Street Program.

If you are looking for the clear spinners...
you can find them listed in the EAI catalog under overhead spinners.  There's a set of 5 for $3.75.  But you could probably find them in your local school supply store or even in a math resource box in one of your book supply storage areas in your school....that's where mine came from :)






Download Unit 5 story 6 Here

Want to create your own spinner with your own words?  I used Microsoft Power Point to create the spinner and the words are in text boxes.  The font I used is vingy...so it may show up weird...but give it a whirl if you like... 
Here's the download link from my 4shared.com account.


Hopefully the links come out ok....is google docs being weird for anyone else?

Enjoy,
Heidi

5 comments:

  1. What program do you use to make your spinner? I'd like to make some to go with my reading series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Microsoft Power Point program to create the spinner...but don't reinvent the whee...I added a download link above to the power point that you should be able to manipulate and create your own words. Let me know if it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the Power Point. I also tried the tops and found that the students only spun the words they needed to win. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Heidi. I finally had time to get back here. I will bookmark it so I can go there. I appreciate your help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this idea and for letting us use the spinner you created to make our own!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...