linklinklinklink Instagram

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

RAN Boards for Unit 4 HFW


I've put together the RAN boards for Unit 4 High Frequency Words.  I put three stories together to give the kids more words to work with...
I've also put together a fluency practice for the passages for the reading street Unit 4 passages.  I'm still working on the schematics, but the thought is to have them read with me first and take a WCPM and then send home to practice the passage through the week and then take another WCPM on Thursday or Friday to see if they have improved their WCPM...I'm thinking of going back a couple of stories since I want to do the "cold" read on Monday instead of on Friday...my thoughts are that they've already had the skills and HFW from these stories and should be able to recognize them better than a story that we're just starting to work on...Hope this makes sense...





Enjoy,

6 comments:

  1. Heidi,
    I love your fluency stuff. Wish I used Reading Street, but I use Treasures! I am retyping your fluency letter for my parents. You stated it all so perfectly! Thanks a million for sharing! I appreciate you!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it looks good...The letter's not all mine...I used a lot of ideas and thoughts from
    mrss-s.blogspot.com
    She's a K teacher with a lot of great ideas... I just changed it to fit the needs of first graders and the fluency homework I want to start sending home....
    hope you can transform it for your reading series...
    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fluency passages are not showing up. What program did you use? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabu! I love the letter and how you totally spelled it out for the parents. Great Job!
    -Andi
    PencilsGlueandTyingShoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I turned the google docs back to the original format. I was trying something with embedding the doc in the blog, but it doesn't seem to work to well.
    Please let me know if you can't download the fluency papers now.
    Thanks,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks so much for reposting the fluency resources. We are also working hard on fluency and I was hoping to be able to check out your resources. Your download is working on my end now. Thanks again!
    ~Michelle
    http://firstgradebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...