linklinklinklink Instagram

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Compound Word Activities and a Give-A-Way!


We'll start working with compound words next week and I wanted to share this cute book I was introduced to this summer for compound words!  The pictures and the words in the story are a fabulous way to help the kids see how the two words can create a new and different word when 
they're put together...

I thought I'd celebrate having 300 followers 
(I'm honored you like the things I'm sharing enough to come back and check on me!)

So I've created a Power Point to go with the book "Once There Was a Bullfrog".  It has the pictures of the book enlarged so you can use them with your projector as you read the book to the class (you'll still need a copy of the book due to copyright issues).
  I'll give the download code to a lucky winner tomorrow (March 17th) after noon...

Luck of the Irish to you!

For a chance to get the download code, choose one or both of the ways below:
1.  Follow my blog and leave a comment that you are now a follower (or let me know if you're already a follower).
2.  Grab my blog button and add it to your blog...leave me a comment and a link to share your blog with others.

Until then...here's some ideas for compound words ...

For the lessons and downloads that were shared at the ELA Standards workshop I taught this past summer visit my webpages for teacher resources.

First School Years has some neat games and ideas at their website.

Teacher's Mouse Pad has some cool things to share with compound activities and links.

Rick Walton (the author of "Once There Was a Bullfrog" has an activities idea page too.

Hope you have a great day!
Heidi

With the winner chosen and enjoying her powerpoint, I hope  :0)   I've added the download code link for everyone to enjoy...

Here's the code from my 4shared.com account...

45 comments:

  1. I follow your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and creative ideas. I follow it. Love your lesson plan from the workshop. I use this book too for compound words, but I use pictures and the compound words as a follow up. WOULD love to win the powerpoint to go with my lesson! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added your button. Now if I can figure out how make one and how to arrange all the ones I have added to the bottom of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your blog! Thanks for all of the super ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog and appreciate all of the great resources you provide to those teachers using the SF Reading series! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am already a follower! THANKS for sharing!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am already a follower! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am already a follower and love you ideas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already a follower! Love all your creative downloads. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm already a follower of your blog, yahoo group, and the gal who posted repeatedly last summer about wikispaces for teachers?!?! So I obviously follow your wikispaces too! Yep, you are stalked in all directions. :)

    Looking forward to reading the book and hopefully win a copy.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea!! I'm following your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blog! What a cute book, I'm gonna have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your button is added to my sidebar. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  14. i follow & i love it!
    mollilindquist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow your "toadally" awesome blog! Thanks for all your great shares! :o)

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow you because you're amazing! Thanks for all you do for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HiHeidi! How exciting! I’m a follower!

    Conchy

    Conchy.Marcano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your ideas and am following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm already a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am now a blog follower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I puffy heart your blog...and of course I follow!

    -Gladys
    Once Upon a Time in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog and your sweet ideas! We are working on compound words this week. I would love to have this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pick Me Pick Me...LOL I went to the library and grabbed the book already! :0) I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Heidi, you've done it again- thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas! I am a follower of your blog and member of your yahoo group. Always love getting new ideas from you! Thanks for sharing all the SF resources as well. Only wished I was just a touch as creative as you. Thanks again!
    Lora Drum
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  25. Been following you for years- SCS teacher! =) You are amazing and we wonder when you ever sleep!
    Martha-Carol Carpenter
    mcarpenter@scsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow your blog. Love your ideas by the way!

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog! I am a new follower! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you!
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow you!
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I blogged and included your button.
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a follower! And I love your blog!
    jdsargo@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow your blog and love it!! Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love love love your blog! I use it for ideas ALL THE TIME! Thank you for taking the time to post all of these wonderful ideas. I am new to 1st grade. I have taugh 5/6 grade for 6 years, and was asked to teach 1st grade this year. I LOVE IT! However, it is so completely different. I needed help, and my students are loving the games and activities from your site! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your blog for all of the fun ideas and R-S resources! I'm now an official follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Heidi,
    I am a faithful follower of yours!
    You really inspire me. I can not begin to thank you for all the creative activities you have added to my classroom to help my kids learn! I would love to attend your workshop!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just found this blog & am awed by the creativity!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just found your blog today and love your ideas. Since the drawing is over for your powerpoint using Once There was a BullFrog is there any other way to get it or take a look at what you have done?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sounds like a great idea!
    Here's the download code from my 4shared.com account.
    Let me know if it doesn't want to work for you :)

    Here's the download link from my 4shared.com account.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am a new follower. I would love this download code if possible.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...