linklinklinklink Instagram

Monday, February 28, 2011

Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss


Believe it or not, I've never read "Wacky Wednesday" by Dr. Seuss before this year, but it has quickly become a favorite! I love looking for all the "wacky" things in each picture. 
 I've created a powerpoint to project the book's pages onto our white board this Wednesday.  As we read the book together, the kids will use Expo Markers to circle the "wacky" things on the image projected on the board.  The powerpoint is created to circle the "wacky" things as it is clicked forward so we can see if they find all the weird things.

After we find all the wacky things, we'll design our own wacky page to create our own story.



Enjoy,


14 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I was planning a Wacky Wednesday this week as well. I do not have a Smart Board (yet) and will try the Powerpoint idea on my whiteboard as well. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on reading this tomorrow or Wednesday and will definitely use the sheet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word....what a terrific idea! I am always so jealous of those with a smartboard but I can do this! You are always thinking, Heidi!
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! What a great idea, will you be posting the powerpoint presentation by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi-I love your site! Would you please send me the link for download? My first graders would love it! Lyssaturner@yahoo.com

    Thanks for all the ideas you share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heidi!
    Thank you so much for ALL you share! I would love to have the powerpoint for Wacky Wednesday. My email is cja1st@gmail.com
    thank you!!!! : )
    Cindy in South carolina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful? Could I please have the PPT as well? My e-mail is ruskieroo@centurylink.net

    Thanks,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you please send me the link for download? My e-mail is questions0882@yahoo.com.

    Thanks,
    Quay

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first graders would also love this powerpoint on the smartboard! Could you send it to me too! hking@vg302.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have found so many great ideas and activities on your blog. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise. Would you send me the link for your ppt for Wacky Wednesday?
    Tommie Graham
    spottteddog@austin.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heidi,
    I made a swf of Wacky... & posted it here.
    http://rtoa.us/wp/2010/03/dr-seuss-links-more/

    ReplyDelete
  14. will you send me the link as well? rachael.roberts@owensboro.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...