linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reading Words with Snakes and Ladders


I got this version of "Snakes and Ladders" from Dollar Tree.  I've already used one of the boards for math facts.  So I thought I'd use the second board with my reading stories to help review and sound out our words for the week.  We're starting on "Mr. Bones" this week, so I bought some brightly colored index cards from the Dollar Tree (of course) to write the words on the front...yellow for the Day One words (words with the oa and ow phonemes), green for the Day Two words (three letter blends), and blue for the Advanced words that are in the differentiated lesson at the back of the book for Day One.


I created a quick sticker form to add the move ahead and move back with numbers on the backs of the cards.  Now to play the game on Monday, we'll look at the yellow cards....read and segment the word on the front...then flip the card over to see how many spaces we get to move forward (or back) on the Snakes and Ladders board.  On Tuesday, we'll add in the green cards...and for my advanced babies...they'll get the blue cards from the get go :)

Here's a download of the sticker page.  I used the 30 to a sheet design.

Enjoy,


1 comment:

  1. Love, love!!! THanks for sharing!!! Hope I can find this at our Dollar Tree!! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...