Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jump Shot

A very smart, clever, and creative teammate (Nancy Bland) created this cool game to go with the last story in Unit Three for Reading Street's program.  
The story skills are comparative words with er and est endings as well as words that have edg /j/ in them.  
Nancy's created three versions of the game...can we say "differentiation"?

You play the game in the same manner as battleship...kids each have board, put 5 basketballs on 5 words, begin calling the words.  Team or person that gets all the basketballs first is the winner.

Am I not the most blessed person to be working with the group of teachers that I have the pleasure of working with each day?!?  Thanks for sharing Nancy!!!!





Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. WOWZA. This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I know my students will love this! They have all played basketball this winter so it's "the thing!" Thanks for being so generous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I'm on the same Reading Street schedule----we just finished Unit 3 last week as well! This will be a great review activity and I'll be sure to file it away for next year,too! This is my first year for Reading Street so I'm trying to create my files! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to check some of Nancy's games out on the yahoo group...
    firstgradeteachersintn
    She has a ton of neat ideas!
    I'm learning so much from her and my other teammates! It's a wonderful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just finished this story also! A big thank you to Nancy! Love the different levels!
    They are going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete