linklinklinklink Instagram

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Super Why Uno Cards

 

                                

Isn't it amazing what kids are watching on the telly nowadays?  Super Why seems to be a favorite of some of my friends and some very smart person on another yahoo group sent through the idea for creating Uno cards using the characters from this TV wonder show!

I manipulated the High Frequency Words from Reading Street's Unit Three Stories to create this fun small group game.  I was amazed at how quickly the kids caught onto the rules...you play it just like the regular Uno Card Game.

This will probably stay as a small group, adult led game for me...however, if you have a wonderful class, you might be able to put it into a station rotation.

Download the Cards here.  I don't have the word doc format, only the pdf as I lost a lot of files when my computer crashed this fall.  It's an easy game to create however if you want to add your own words.  You could even use a different show or character cards.



Enjoy,
               



3 comments:

  1. Heidi! I just love it!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing this with Uno cards. I have some that I got from kellyskindergarten.com my kids love to play them. I think it is a great way for them to learn to work together and take turns too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...