Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fill the Mitten with Addtition


Each player decides what color they will use to color the sums of two die.  Player 1 rolls the die and adds the numbers together.  Player 1 finds the sum on a mitten and colors the number with their color.  Player 2 does the same.  The goal is to color a whole mitten with one color.  The winner is the player that has the most mittens colored with their color.  In the event that there are no one color mittens, the winner is the player with the most pieces colored.  


Enjoy,
Heidi

9 comments:

  1. Heidi, you have the best Math Games ever!

    Kristen
    http://first-grade-teachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! You are soooo creative and always so willing to share! I am most grateful to you! Cindy in South Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you all can use them! They're so much fun to use. Now if I could just get this Bamboo Pen Thingy to work, I might be able to create some more graphics :)
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of your creativity! Thanks so very much for sharing! I LOVE THIS GAME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing! Do you use a pair of regular dice (# 1-6)? or do you create your own? I was just wondering what the numbers were on the dice....since I see that you have 1 as a sum...but then also 12. Thanks!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right! When I printed out the game today to explain it to my team members, we noticed the exact same thing...I've revamped the worksheet to delete the ones and added extra numbers instead. Now we should be able to use regular 6-sided die.
    Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I printed out this game last week and changed the numbers around so that I could use it as a multiplication game with my 4th graders. They are a hard group to impress and they absolutely love this game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute game! Can't wait to use this with my class.

    ReplyDelete