linklinklinklink Instagram

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coin Combination Stamping Station


My friends and I had a fabulous time at Debbie Diller's Winter Workshop on Friday!  Met some of the firstgradeteachersintn group members too!  We got tons of great math ideas as well as a totally better idea of how to do station rotations and organize.  Now, if we could just talk our principals into a day without kids in the room...like a snow day, but only for the kids...call it a clean day???  Guess we'll have to settle for spending some time after school to see what we can do :)

Debbie shared a game for a station that sounded really cool.  She was very upbeat on the concept of less is really more....with that in mind....here's the station...
Kids choose money amount cards and use coin stamps to create two different ways of showing the amount on the card.  I made a worksheet to go with it, but they could easily be taught how to do it on scrap paper or journal pages.  Thought I better try to share, before I forgot.

Don't forget that Debbie's new book is coming out very soon!  We got to take a look at one of the very first copies as she had just received it from the publisher :)  You can still view it online if you like.
Of course I ordered mine at the conference :)  Can't wait for it to arrive!

You can download the coin stamping combo station money cards here.

You can download the recording sheet here.

                                                               Enjoy,

4 comments:

  1. This is cool! I have some money stamps that I didn't know how to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how the combinations come out...I know some of my frogs will be using the quarter with ease and some will stamp out the pennies til the stamp won't stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and simple! Thank so much! I agree about needing time. I need tontotally revamp my math time in my class and I'm at a loss right now about how to make it work for all of the kids. It's overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...