linklinklinklink Instagram

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

100 Day Bottles

video

Read Write and Think is a fabulous resource of lesson plans and ideas available to teachers.  I found this idea there about two years ago and had a great time completing it with my firsties.
Each child fills a 20 ounce clear soda bottle with 100 items that are all the same....like 100 Cheeries.  They store the bottle in a brown paper bag where no one can peek.  Then they complete a clue sheet with three clues to help their classmates guess what's in their bottles.  
My kiddos made a movie from their projects.  It was made when I was first learning to create movies, so it's not the best.  But you can get the idea of what the kids do.
I thought it was a unique way of celebrating the 100th day.

Here's the link to the Read Write and Think lesson plan that has all the downloads as far as the clue sheet and the directions.  I think there's also a list of suggested things to put into the bottle.

Here's the download for the letter I'm sending home to parents. 

Enjoy,




6 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Wish we had done it this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this every year and the kids LOVE it! I can't wait to see what my little ones will come up with this year! I have only been stumped a couple of times after all of the clues have been read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do this every year, too. I send home labels for their water bottles and have them attach ribbon so I can hang them up to display. It is a great way to have them collect 100 items.
    Cecelia

    http://ilove1stgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a cool idea too...I think what amazed the kids was how little space 100 cheerios took up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do this too and it's a lot of fun. I've done this for two years!

    Lori
    Little Priorities

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...