linklinklinklink Instagram

Monday, December 27, 2010

Super-Sized Sentence Writing


Here's some pages I use to help the kids super-size sentences they're writing.  We'll start with the sentence "A boy played." and then add webbings to go over what kind of a boy...then we'll complete the first sheet together.
Then we'll start taking sentences from our topics and adding information to them using the pages to help them create super-sized sentences.
Download Page One
Download Page Two
Download Page Three
Download Page Four

I patterned these pages after someone else's idea...they are not my own and I can't find the source that I used to make them from...Just know they aren't my idea...just a switch on the way I use someone else's brilliance to lighten my room :)

Here's the source for the original book from Evan-Moor...super size is just my take on it...


Have a great day!
Heidi

10 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm having a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi,
    I love your blog. Just discovered it! I've used this Super-Sized Sentence for years. It comes from a teacher resource book called Write a Super Sentence from Evan-Moor. It has a dinosaur on the cover. It's an old book. I've used it in Kinder, 1st and even 3rd grade! Thanks for all your wonderful ideas! You are awesome!
    Debi
    1st Grade teacher in So. Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info and the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. I love this idea of super sized sentences. Your blog is great! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog! What wonderful resources you have!! I have a PREK5 DD but works at Gr1/Gr2 level ... I struggle keeping up with her, so glad I found this site to inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your blog also! Thank you for these outstanding resources. I'm going to use your Super Sentences this week, as they fit perfectly into what we learned prior to the break. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad they're useful!
    I think they'll be a big help for my friends when I get back on...wow...Tuesday already! Yikes!
    Enjoy,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this freebie! I can't wait to super size it with my firsties!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...